Tuesday 26 November 2013

Autumn Trees

With Winter fast approaching I suppose it's a good thing I got this card finished! I am always inspired by the artwork on the blog challenge Craft a Scene, but have never entered. This time the theme was Trees and I decided to enter this card.


I started off by colouring the background Centura Pearl Card with a variety of Distress Inks. Then I overstamped using three shades of the Distress Inks the trees, using Crafty Individuals Stamp CI-209. I then spattered Cosmic Shimmer mica spray over the centre of the picture.  I drew in the fence freehand. I made a stencil to create the sun and overstamped the trees in the foreground using Brushed Corduroy Ink. Finally I added the sentiment again from the same stamp set and mounted the piece onto a kraft card blank.

I am also entering this into the following challenges:
LadyBug Crafts - Autumn Colours
So Artful - Trees




8 comments:

sheila 77 said...

This is really gorgeous. I love your golden orange sun and your fence as well as the trees and the lovely watercolour look. Thanks for sharing it with us at Soartful.

Electra said...

This is beautiful! I love that you drew the fence by hand, it's perfect. (I couldn't draw anything, so I am always in awe) The spatters and layers of colour you have created are wonderful! Thanks for entering this in our Soartful challenge, it's great to see your work!

Unknown said...

Stunning, love this! Chris xxx

Unknown said...

Stunning, love this! Chris xxx

rachel said...

this is absolutely wonderful - really gorgeous card - such a fabulous scene - thanks for joining us at craft a scene this month xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the distressed trees in this card. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.

Sue x

Dora said...

beautiful colours! very pretty trees!!
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.

NancyD said...

Hi, I finally am getting around to the folks who requested a GDT spot. Please email me and we will set it up. craftascene at shaw . ca.

Thanks,
NancyD

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!