Monday 11 May 2015

Remembering V.E Day

Its been a very poignant weekend with the celebrations marking the 70th anniversary of V.E Day. Luckily all my grandparents survived the Second World War and I decided to commemorate the fact with a V.E Day Scrapbook Layout.


Sadly my Papa passed away some years ago, but my Nan, at 94, is still going strong and often retells her experiences about the war years. As I am working on my family history I have been lucky enough to have these photographs of my Nan and Papa. On the original photos you can just about see the love notes they wrote to each other on the front. 

To create the layout I used the Serif Digikit 1940s Wartime Era

It is important that we never forget the sacrifices they made for us.





No comments:

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!